Monday, October 31, 2011

Cinque Terre, Italy

I spent last weekend in Cinque Terre, Italy. It was so beautiful, at every turn there was something that took my breath away. I am so grateful to have been able to go. It was nice to have a break from the Paris smells of smoke and urine. It was full of many graztis and pregos, and laughter. 



Taken by the wonderful Maude

Maude


Pisa & Pizza







Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre 



The Via Dell'Amore 




Manarola, Cinque Terre



Maude


Maude and me on the trail









Vernazza, Cinque Terre




The BEST gelato in the world


The Ferry










Monterosso, Cinque Terre






Four days after returning to Paris, a huge storm hit Cinque Terre and completely destroyed both Vernazza and Monterosso.  I am so relieved to have made it back safely, and also grateful to have seen these beautiful towns before they were washed away. My prayers are with those who were there and who's families, homes, and livelihoods were destroyed in the flood. 




No comments:

Post a Comment